Wisdom has a matchless reputation for producing the finest-quality books on Buddhism and meditation. We are now growing and developing several new platforms to expand our reach, including a popular podcast and online courses. Now is an exciting time to join our passionate, dedicated team, gain experience in a rapidly-evolving media company, become part of a legacy, and have a true impact on people around the world.
We provide a rich, meaningful, inspiring, and exciting workplace environment. We occasionally have openings on our team, and we welcome your application. We seek people who are interested in the dharma, deeply committed to hard work, scrupulous, highly ethical, humble, and positive. Every member of our team has a unique opportunity to make a real and lasting contribution to the Buddhist world.
If you’d like to work at Wisdom, send your resume and a cover letter to jobs [at] wisdompubs.org.
The Executive Assistant provides general administrative support to all departments within Wisdom Publications. Generation of financial, sales, and inventory reports, as well as inventory management across the warehouse distributors, are the main functions of this position. This position reports to the Publisher and actively assists him with organizing logistics and special projects. The Executive Assistant provides administrative and human resources support to the company, as well as managing the day-to-day office operations and bookkeeping functions. Click here for a full job description.
Send your cover letter, resume, and at least three references’ contact information to jobs [at] wisdompubs.org with subject line “Executive Assistant.”
Marketing Coordinator (Frontlist)
REPORTS TO: This position will report to the Brand and Marketing Manager. The Brand and Marketing Manager will develop this candidate as they mature within the organization.
LOCATION: Somerville, MA
STATUS: Full Time
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Wisdom Publications is seeking a skilled and highly motivated marketing/communications professional to assist the Brand and Marketing Manager in implementing Wisdom’s marketing and communications initiatives. The frontlist Marketing Coordinator supports the success of the Wisdom community, Wisdom staff, and Wisdom marketing team by assisting in the carrying out marketing, branding, and content campaigns, projects, and responsibilities related to “frontlist” books and online courses. (“Frontlist” products are those that are being currently promoted as new releases. For books, this means any book published within the last 12 months, and those that are forthcoming.)
As the Frontlist Marketing Coordinator, the following five missions make up the soul of your job:
- Be a skilled, energetic, passionate, and effective promotor of Wisdom’s books, courses, and other content and products. Care deeply about the success of each book and author, and take humble pride in ensuring their success.
- Be a primary contact for the author throughout the development and execution of all publicity and marketing plans. Wisdom strives to provide an outstanding level of author care, and as the Frontlist Marketing Coordinator you will be the author’s counselor and their cheerleader, providing both clear guidance and responsive, enthusiastic collaboration.
- Be a significant contributor to our culture of excellence, humility, kindness, and generosity.
- Support the positive experience and success of all stakeholders (customers, donors, staff members, etc.)
- Ensure increasing reach and brand awareness.
Click here for a full job description.
Send your cover letter, resume, and at least three references’ contact information to jobs [at] wisdompubs.org with subject line “Marketing Coordinator (Frontlist).”
Print & Pre-press Intern
Looking to learn more about what it’s like to work at a small but highly regarded book publisher? Seeking a paid internship with flexible scheduling? Have an interest in books and design? Want to get a feel for the production side of print publishing? This is your chance!
The Print & Pre-press Intern will work with the Production Specialist to help move books through internal production. Expect to handle such tasks as: working with files for upcoming reprints; monitoring ebook production; assisting in book design and manufacturing decisions; and occasionally applying author and proofer changes to book files as needed. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop is required. This position is ideal for anyone interested in book design or production. Please note that this is NOT an editorial position.
The Print & Pre-press intern will have the opportunity to sit in on meetings, explore trends in book design, and learn about the publishing process from contract to press.
The position demands familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop, strong written and verbal communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail. The best candidates will have both a strong interest in publishing and an interest in Wisdom's mission.
This position requires initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to work independently.
Submit a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] wisdompubs.org. Those with portfolios or samples of work completed in InDesign or Photoshop are encouraged to include links or PDF files showcasing their experience.
For producing promotional and online course videos.
Fully qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- Exceptional experience with audio and video recording and editing
- Superior proficiency with digital editing systems and general production
- Sound familiarity with graphic design and social web properties
- Excellent skills in editing and digitizing raw footage
- Outstanding facility at working on multiple production assignments simultaneously
- Proven ability to stay on schedule and within budget
- 5+ top-quality references
Click here to read the full job description. Please send your cover letter and resume to jobs [at] wisdompubs.org with subject line “Freelance Videographer.”